Saturday, August 9, 2008

Update

Well, we were hopeful that today would be the day, but it doesn't look like it anymore! I actually had contractions on and off from about 7 or 8 p.m. until about 1 a.m. I started timing them around 10 or 10:30 because up until then they were very irregular and not painful. Once they did become more painful they only came every 15 minutes. When we finally went to bed, way too late of course, they subsided and stopped.

So, today I am beyond tired! I took a long morning nap as King Jo is thankfully not working a half-Saturday today as he usually does, but I still feel like an absolute zombie and like I can hardly move I'm so tired. This is the first Sat. in a long time I could have gone yard sale-ing without the kids and I didn't even have the gumption for that! I'd better catch up on some rest before I go into an exhausting labor! I think I'll go take another nap and then see if I have enough energy to take Ali to a friend's swim party/birthday party later this afternoon.

4 comments:

Thia said...

Sorry about the false alarm. Hope you were able to get more rest. Contrax/cramps always make me so sleepy.

Lesley said...

I know how frustrating false labor can be since I have it constantly!! Hope you're able to get some good rest before the real event! I'll be praying!

Mrs. Taft said...

God bless, I'm praying for you!

Lesley said...

Thanks, Linds -- we did have a good birthday for Kayley and just decided to have a small family thing with cake and a few presents. Tonight our church started VBS so after our little celebration, we brought the girls to that. They had a lot of fun.
And yes, I think KayKay and Jer would be very good together -- we'll have to start the match making early! Tell Jer that Kayley likes to laugh, read books, and take long walks on the beach :)
Sorry to hear there's been no baby for you yet but don't despair -- it's got to be REALLY soon!!!! I've found that jumping around doing VBS songs starts up the contractions so maybe you should try that! :) Here's wishing you a quick, smooth delivery soon - keep me updated!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It