Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Exhaustion...

This post is a little less-inspirational than yesterday's "I CAN" attitude. After our fourth night in a row of little sleep and hours of consistent contractions that went away, we are both feeling a bit hopeless, not to mention tired. I realize that our situation is not as desperate as the gal I know who was in pre-term labor for 7 weeks on and off and on all kinds of meds to stop labor, or the friends who have gone 2 weeks overdue (bless them!) but it is still the longest I have ever been pregnant now since I delivered my other kids a week or more early and this little guy only has 6 days until the due date. I could handle waiting a while if it weren't for the contractions and "false alarms" and lack of sleep. I feel like every day we just get more and more worn to a frazzle so that by the time real labor comes, if it EVER does, we will be wiped out and have no energy for it! King Jo, aka my Labor Massuese, will be asleep on the job and I won't have an ounce of strength to push! In my selfishness, I would have liked to have had the baby already so I could have more help with him. My mom goes back to teaching in a little over a week and my in-laws need to come out and be gone by the 25th or 26th so the longer I go the less private recovery time I will have and the less help with the kids overall. But if there is one thing I have learned about having kids, it's that the best made plans often fail and no matter how prepared you think you are, there are always unexpected circumstances that come up to show you how much you need God to get you through! *Past experiences include: #1. Catching the worst flu of my life which spurred a long labor on after a full day of non-stop puking, hubby only being able to stay home 3 days with me after Ali's birth, no sleep for about a week, and bad baby blues.
#2. Hubby staying home with me for a full week or more but having the worst flu of his life during that time and needing to be nursed to health (and Ali also, who caught it) while I was recovering from childbirth and experiencing the worst chest cold of my life and was supposed to be on bed rest for anemia (not to mention that I was still bleeding excessively). Some of our help ended up cancelling and King Jo's sis who came to visit a few weeks afterward caught the flu as well!

Believe it or not, I can actually still shave and paint my toenails, which is something I couldn't do with my other two pregnancies! I think having little kids to chase has forced me to be flexible physically no matter how big I am because Jer often wants to be held and I'm often bending down picking things up, etc.

If you think of us today, pray that God would bring our baby soon!!!

3 comments:

the momma said...

God will bring your baby in HIS perfect time ~ I will pray that you will have grace & strength to endure. And for rest!

I had decided that since my first was SO early (12 1/2 wks) then surely, my second would at least be 2 weeks early (oh the things we can talk ourselves into when we're pregnant!) so, when she arrived -mere hours before her due date - I felt as though I was already overdue!

Hang in there ~ it won't be long and you'll be holding that precious little boy

Thia said...

Believe me, I am praying! Praying primarily for sanity for us. I think mine is gone. My body just wants to rest and prep, but this world around me won't let me. Hope you are able to rest a bit during the day.

Mrs. Taft said...

I will be praying for you! Caffeine worked to jumpstart labor for me both times...don't know if it would help you! There are of course many different things to try...

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It