Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Someone Else's Kid's Poop and Justus Smiles

What a catchy title for a post, huh? Just had to jot down on my blog that tonight found me cleaning up human feces from the front yard. Not my kid's feces, mind you, but the annoying neighbor's kid's feces. Why? Well, it would seem this little girl was told to come in for supper and didn't want to. Since she NEVER listens to her mom (why would she when there are no consequences?) she didn't want to go in to use the bathroom lest her mother corner her and force her to eat supper. So, this almost-6-year-old girl chose to squat on the lawn that we all share and go poo and wipe with leaves. Thankfully I discovered it before my two kids, who were playing outside, got into it. The girl's mother was right there with me whe we discovered it. She ranted and raved at her daughter and told her what she did was gross and told her she would have to clean it up. The girl's "clean-up job" involved throwing a piece of paper on top of it. I was horrified to see swarms of flies on it, knowing that those same flies diving into that mess were going to be heading for our homes where they would track their filthy germs all over our kitchens, food, dishes, toys, beds, little kids, etc. I quickly got the kids inside, washed their hands with soap, just in case the little girl had touched them, and refused to open our doors for fresh air lest those flies find their way into our home. When the kids were finally in bed, I headed outdoors to see that the mess still remained and the parents showed no signs of picking it up beyond the piece of paper that had been tossed on it.

So, I donned a rubber glove, grabbed a couple of plastic bags, and marched out there with an angry face. Lo, and behold, the neighbors whose little girl had done the dirty deed were out having a card-playing party with several guests at the picnic table. No doubt the mom saw me scooping her daughter's poop but she didn't say anything and I didn't either. I walked past them to throw it in the garbage bins and marched back to my house. Later, I thought about how I should have thrown the sack of poop on the table in the middle of their game, but that wouldn't have been Christ-like, now would it? I will be soooo, sooooo, soooooo glad when these neighbors move in late October!

In other, happier news, our baby boy smiled for the first time tonight at only 11 days old! No, it wasn't gas because I would smile at him and talk sweetly to him and he would grin. He repeated it six times! I'm so glad we didn't have to wait 6 weeks to see his cute little smile!

3 comments:

Mrs. Taft said...

haha, you are so much more gracious than I am. I would have looked straight at them and yelled (in a loud way, not a mean way) "Looks like your daughter didn't pick up her poop, and neither did you! Guess I'll pick your kid's poop up then..." I guess that wouldn't have been very Christlike either. lol :D

Anonymous said...

Incredible control! I can not even imagine what I would have done! But this incident does set the stage for some pretty creative solutions that is for sure.

Heather said...

Adventures of Super-Mom! I appreciate your wanting to be Christlike, Lindsey.

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It