Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Three 3 and Under---First Trip Out


Today was my first day out of the house with all 3 of the kids! I'm happy to report that it went very well even though I was feeling a bit tired this morning. I know that it won't always be easy and there will be some really harrowing experiences with doing this in the future, but it went well today. We first went up to the hospital for Justus' second PKU poke. The lab had a little children's corner with toys that kept my older two occupied until it was time for them to poke him. After that, he was howling and unhappy and so I just let the kids play in the waiting room with the toys while I nursed him to calm him down and get him happy. Then we all headed off to the grocery store since we really really needed milk and Jeremiah kept begging for a sippy of milk all morning. I knew that my many friends in the grocery store would also enjoy seeing the baby. It went very smoothly and I especially appreciate the amount of room in our van and the doors and back end that open at the touch of a button! I was also delighted to discover that Ali can not only unbuckle herself she can also unbuckle Jeremiah and help him out of his car seat, leaving me the job of helping him jump down out of the van and getting the baby.


So, all in all, what did I learn today about having three 3 and under? Well, that if you have trained your kids to listen well and they are in relatively good moods, that taking 3 out is very manageable and can be fun!!!

My kids were delighted to each receive a piece of candy when we got home as a reward from a Mommy who was so proud of their behavior!

1 comment:

R Dvorak said...

You are brave. Great Job!!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It