Monday, August 4, 2008

Making My Home a Haven Monday


Since much of my de-cluttering and organizing is done and I'm playing the waaaaaiiiiiiiitttttttiiiiiiinnnnnggggg game, I've been dusting off those cooking ambitions that I seem to leave behind in pregnancy and have been trying some new recipes and delving into some new Taste of Home magazines I recently purchased at a yard sale for 10 cents. I have been so irritated at myself and my fatigue and my departure from my meal plans in previous weeks so it feels great to be back on track with serving my family good, wholesome meals. I seem to have more energy lately too, which helps.


I already posted on the whole wheat cinnamon rolls. I've also tried Laura's whole wheat applesauce bread (yum!) and her whole wheat pizza pockets. The pizza pockets are delicious! Even my hubby, who normally doesn't like whole-wheat pizza crust, loves them and they are delicious reheated as leftovers in the microwave! The recipe makes enough for about 13 hot pockets and 2 per adult are plenty filling for supper with a salad. I haven't tried freezing them yet but Laura freezes them for quick meals/lunches and they are a much healthier, and tastier, than the expensive store-bought Hot Pockets.
I'm thrilled to have found some new recipes that are healthier, filling, and that both my hubby and I, and the hard-to-please kiddoes, love!

No comments:

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It