Saturday, August 23, 2008

Life

Life is going well right now! I just had to pop in to my blog and say that I have lots of great pics and posts coming but I'm spending time with my in-laws right now as they will only be here one more day. I've been so spoiled all week, that believe it or not I've actually felt......bored! Though cuddling my tiny newborn never gets old and I soak up as much of that as I can! Ladies from the church have been bringing wonderful meals by, my mother-in-law did laundry and dishes today, and Grandpa and Grandma and Daddy have been taking Alathia and Jeremiah for stroller walks, bike rides, and off to the park. My hubby did some major deep cleaning for me at the beginning of the week too!

However, because things have been going so smoothly and I have felt so amazingly well after this birth, King Jo has worked an hour or two for the last two mornings and I have done the getting up and breakfast routine by myself with all 3 kids. I have found that being alone with the 3 is totally do-able and not at all stressful. Yes, it's busy, and yes, it's a must that you learn to hold a baby and do many tasks one-handed, but it's plenty manageable, especially because you aren't pregnant! (There's no fatigue like pregnancy fatigue!) So, for those of you contemplating having a third someday; go for it! Whatever extra work and energy it may take, it is totally worth it!

5 comments:

Lesley said...

You mean I WILL survive having three kids??? YAY!! :) This gives me great comfort! (Just the other day, an older lady said to me in the grocery store - "you're going to have your hands full!") Um, yeah and I do right now. I wish people would give more encouragement instead of that same line.

Anyway, I'm so, so happy that things are going so smoothly for you this time around and that you have a lot of help. I'm hoping for the same and that my mom will get here in time.
Can't wait to see more pics of that adorable boy!

the momma said...

ask your mom to pick you up about 5 yds of a soft (stretchy is good, to) fabric off the $1 at Walmart & then use it (as is - unless you want to cut it in half lengthwise & have 2) as a wrap.
Ali can help with a hand on Justus till you get the hang of it

lay Justus on bed
put middle of fabric in middle of back (or higher - I like mine high, so baby's head is right at my chin)
bring both ends around front - 'hold' in crooks of elbows'
pick up Justus & hold him against your chest
throw fabric from right side up over your left shoulder - going between his legs
now do the same from the left side
have Ali help hold Justus in place
crisscross fabric in the back
bring both ends around and tie under baby's bum.
adjust fabric comfortably across baby & mom
now you got yer hands free to feed those other kiddos :-) and carry the laundry (but not this week!) and do all those other things mommas get to do....

so glad things are going well for you!

The Three 22nds said...

I am glad things are going well for you! I had to laugh, though :) I remember when we had our 3rd...It didn't even feel like we had another kid until the baby started to crawl...

The Three 22nds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Taft said...

Please be careful! For at least 2 weeks following a birth, you have many hormones that make your joints and ligaments stretchy to allow for the birth still hanging out, and it's vitally important to be careful about how much moving around you do. Additionally, I find it's good to rest before the 2 week "hormone dump" and the fussy period most newborns enter into between 2-6 weeks. I'm glad you're feeling well, though!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It