Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kid Funnies

Ali was supposed to be napping and got into my pajama pants and tried them on!



The kids never cease to keep us laughing!



Here are some recent ones:



King Jo was saying how Ali is so cute that we will have to keep the boys away! Ali replied, "I don't want you to give Jeremiah and Justus away Daddy!"



I was complimenting King Jo on his handy-man skills and then I said to Ali, "Isn't your Daddy a smart and wonderful guy?" She said, "Oh, he's smart because he knows how to put kids in time-out?"



Ali's Sunday School teacher asked me to bring Justus to class to show them what a tiny baby looked like since they were studying Moses. She asked Ali to introduce her special guest. Ali proudly exclaimed, "This is Baby Brother Justus Abraham ______!!!"



After church, Daddy was going to take Ali home in his car since we go at separate times due to kid's napping schedules. She said goodbye and that she'd see me at home for lunch. She left with Daddy but then ran back to me and glanced suspiciously at the lady holding her baby brother. She said, "Bring Baby Justus home Mom!" then ran off to join her Dad.



Ali said, "When Bear-Bear is a Daddy and I'm a Mommy, we're going to get married!"



Here's one that is almost as sad as it is funny. We got an American Girl movie from the library and were watching it together. The mom in the movie gets sick and almost dies. I was explaining to Ali why the girl was sad and explaining that people die when they get very, very sick or are very old. A while later I caught Ali chewing on her dirty flip-flop shoes (ick!) and scolded her not to do that because they are dirty and she was going to get sick from doing that! A few minutes later she came up to me crying and laid her head in my lap. I asked what was wrong and she blubbered, "I'm going to die because I chewed on my flip-flops!" It took lots of talking and reassuring her before she finally stopped crying and realized that she really wasn't going to die. I told her that chewing on her flip-flops might make her tummy sick, but it wouldn't make her really, really sick like the woman in the movie who nearly died!



Ali told her Daddy, "When it's time for me to die, I want Jeremiah and Justus to go with me."

1 comment:

R Dvorak said...

Kids are amazing. I am SO glad you wrote these down. This is a precious time for making memories. It is a good reminder to me, that I need to journal more and take more photos.

You have a wonderful family, full of God's blessings!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It