Friday, August 1, 2008

Appointment News!

Have you ever been so grateful for something that you couldn't help but cry? Thanks be to God for answering all of your prayers and causing our baby to turn! I was shocked when the doctor said he was pretty sure the head was down since I have been checking daily for a week and a half and his head has always been right up under my rib and pretty easily detected. Yesterday, I had a chiro adjustment, went swimming, and got a really nice massage from my hubby, all of which made me feel wonderful, loose, and relaxed. Last night we were trying to pinpoint the baby's position but we couldn't tell. I'm pretty sure if he turned, it was last evening or during the night. So.....unless he turns back, the odds of a vaginal delivery are very good! And no uncomfy manual-turning procedure this weekend!

He is somewhat in a transverse position causing me to measure 32cm instead of 38cm, but the doctor acted like he would move down with contractions so I'm hopeful that he will stay in position. Because I feel a lot less uncomfy this time around and look smaller, we have wondered if this baby is on the small-side. Sure enough the doctor said, "Well, you won't be having the biggest baby on the planet, but the fact that he's small means he should be easy to deliver!" Yeah hurray! This said before my doctor headed up to the hospital to help with a 10# baby's delivery today (poor gal!)

The bad news is that both doctors in town who do baby deliveries are going away next week, Sunday through Saturday. In the past I've always delivered at 39 weeks on the dot so this is mildly discomforting since next week is when I'm most likely to deliver. There will be a sub doctor covering for them but I just met this doctor and started getting to know him! The joys of delivering a baby in Hickville, WY I guess! I've racked my brain to try to figure out if my due date is on target or not based on the baby's small size and am trying to think about when my in-laws should come to visit since they have a limited time window. The more I consider it, the more I am QUITE certain that the due date is pretty close. The ultrasound at 21 weeks confirmed my due date and I distinctly recall thinking my cycle was 4 days late right around that whole infected wisdom tooth thing on Dec. 15th. Perhaps with his small size, this little guy will decide to go overdue unlike my other two kids. But whatever happens, I'm rejoicing that God has answered prayer and most importantly, given me peace that no matter what happens, we'll get through it in His strength.

Thank you all for your prayers, your tips, and sharing your own experiences with having babies and mothering!!! It has meant so much to me and I am so grateful for my blogging buddies!

7 comments:

the momma said...

Don't worry about the Docs possibly being out of town ~ it's been my experience (and probably yours) that the Dr actually spends very little time in the room.
We're just praying for a nice nurse for ya :-)

So happy Justus turned!! I've been checking back often, anxious to hear how things went (next time, tell us what time your appt is :-)

Thanks for the update!

Thia said...

Huzzah!!!!!!!!
Interesting how the dr didn't make a big deal about transverse. My last set of drs always did and got me all worked up, but the set I am seeing now hasn't even mentioned it to me, as if it's no big deal. Left me kind of confuzzled, but since they've always righted themselves, I haven't worried.
Now...get thee some rest!

Heather said...

Yay! God is faithful.

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful that the baby is head down now!

Nicole said...

I told you the chiropractor adjustment would work!! That's great news Lindsey! :)

Lesley said...

YAYYY! I'm so glad and was praying!!! :)

And I don't think you'll beat me to the delivery room. I bet you'll have him any day now whereas I will probably hold on for another few weeks. It would be nice to go early but I'm not getting my hopes up. :)

Lesley said...

I meant to say that I won't beat YOU to the delivery room! My brain isn't working! I'm sure you'll be having Justus really soon!!!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It