Monday, August 11, 2008

Frustration

Sorry that my blog has been become "Pregnancy Update-Ville" lately, but that is the frustration of my life right now. Both Friday and Saturday night yielded very real-feeling labor contractions for several hours, with Saturday night's being so intense and frequent that I thought I would surely have a very fast delivery or at least be holding him by early Sunday morning. Contractions with Jer's labor never got closer than 6 or 7 minutes even when I was at a 9! These were coming between 1 and 5 for a while! We scurried around doing last minute prep and were just preparing to call my mom and the hospital when they stopped. It was so disappointing. Then, hoping each night we'd see a little more action we were sure Sunday night would be the night and........NOTHING!
While it may seem silly to "get our hopes up" it's just hard to wait, especially since my hubby is absolutely ecstatic about this and unbelievably annoying. I want this over with so he will stop asking again and again and again, over 50 times a day, if I have even the slightest contraction. I'm scared he's going to drop a log on himself at work later today just because he didn't go to bed early like he said he would and he's lain awake most of the night, noticing how I can't sleep either, in spite of no contractions, and watching me like a time bomb.
I realize this will all be over soon and I should live every moment as though it were my last and enjoy these last days of just having two little ones and be thankful, knowing God is sovereign and will bring Justus on the day He has ordained. It's just hard to live that out when your parents are on alert, your friends and family are dying to hear news, your children are super excited about the baby and you have already been exhausted from 2 practice labors that yielded no results except fatigue and restlessness!
Well, I've tried the really spicy food and the long walks, anyone have any tips for really getting labor going?

7 comments:

Thia said...

If I knew what worked...I wouldn't be sitting here, lol.

Our Home to Yours said...

Poor Lindsey! I feel for you, and will be praying for both you and Josiah!
I have heard this old tip for starting labor that worked with Leah.. "Scrub your floors on your hands and knees" I washed my florrs the day before I went into labor, and it worked! Not sure if it was coincidence, but it might be worth trying! ;)
I will be thinking of you lots!! It will happen soon.. I know!

Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said...

Regarding #9 on your list of 101 Things About You (being a practical jokester)...

I think Justus may take after his mommy. After reading your last couple posts, it sounds like the early beginnings of a prankster! :-)

Jenny Runkel said...

Hi There -

I've heard that drinking a tablespoon full of Castor Oil works wonders...but I think that I would rather stay pregnant.

Best of luck and here's hoping that you can still stay ScreamFree with three kids,
Jenny Runkel
Director of Content
ScreamFree Living

Chris, Tasha, Dawson & Lainey said...

My doc told me not to do the Castor oil one as it can cause problems. Oh, I feel for you tremendously as it sounds just like what I went through...even witht he hubby thing. He was so anxious, and anytime I would move he would think it was time to go...I wish I had a good answer as to what to do to go into labor, but sorry, I don't. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsey...
Google reflexology and labor or something like that... I was just reading about how there are places on your foot you can push that will increase the likelihood of labor starting... maybe your labor massage man could give you a strong foot rub.

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It