Sunday, August 17, 2008

Introducing..........

JUSTUS ABRAHAM

"May he be the father of a multitude of righteous ones"
Born: 8/16/08
Time: 7:44 pm
Length: 20 inches
Weight: 8#1oz.

We are so, so blessed to have our little bundle of joy in our arms! Praise the Lord! What an incredible gift!

Ali meets baby Justus just an hour after his birth. She was enthralled, bouncing off the walls, and wouldn't go to sleep at Grammy's until 11 p.m.!


Jer-Bear meets his brother for the first time. Ali snaps a pic with her play camera.


There is no joy quite like the joy of being DONE with a terrifying task and then being able to cuddle a newborn! Mommy, once a die-hard natural-childbirth-fan, wanted to declare the anesthesiologist her new best friend and was astounded to have a birth where she felt absolutely NOTHING once the epidural took effect! Bless you, friends who recommended it! I can't believe I lived through two births without it! (What a wimp I have become these days...)


Grandpa Allen takes a look while Grammy snaps a pic. Grandpa is amazed at how he feels like a little football.


He is an excellent nurser so far and takes a paci!

His first picture, just moments after birth. Mama is crying for joy that it was finally over and that our miraculous little gift was finally in my arms!



He has a double chin and a VERY hearty cry. He looks soooo much like his sister the day she was born: plump and stocky!


Daddy loves his boy so much and looks for every opportunity to hold him and cuddle him.



Going home! We had the priviledge of being the only ones in town to have a baby on the 16th so we were treated very, very well and they did everything to make sure I didn't hemhorrage. The hospital food was even good this time around, who would have thought? Because Justus was one of the healthiest babies they said they had ever seen, we got to go home only 18 hours after his delivery!

I just have to say how much I have appreciated your prayers, encouragement and support. I'm praying for those of you yet to go! God truly answered prayer in a big way and even granted some of my specific prayers for a day-time delivery, no hemhorraging, the chance to have drugs for pain relief, and the baby to come in time for my in-laws to see him!

21 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Congratulations on your new little son!!

Mara LaTourelle said...

Yeah, Lindsey! So happy that everything went well with labor/delivery. Glad to hear you had a great epidural experience too! Woo! I'm hoping that mine fully works this next time around. Justus is a handsome guy. It will be fun to hear how Ali and Jeremiah adjust to life with a baby brother. I'm sure you'll have good helpers.

Kristin said...

Congrats! He looks beautiful! Since you kept saying you were the smallest this time around during your pregnancy, I thought you were going to have a little guy. And here it turns out he's your biggest yet! How does that work?!

That's great you get to go home so soon. Hopefully the transition will go smoothly for all of you. Can't wait to see more pics!

Thia said...

HUZZAH!!!!! I am very happy for you (and very jealous!). He's absolutely beautiful!

The Three 22nds said...

Congratulations! He is adorable!

Angela said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby, and you look awesome for just giving birth!!

Meredith said...

Yay, he has arrived! Congratulations to you all! I can't wait to hear your birth story, and especially how they took precautions to prevent hemhorraging. I'm nervous about that for next time around. I'm so, so glad to hear of all the ways God has blessed you in this. Your story encourages us all.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lindsey and Josiah! We are so happy for your family.

Ericksons

the momma said...

WOOHOO!!!!!
He is a little doll!! congratulations!
Thought of you & prayed sooo many times since yesterday morning ~ so glad all went well!!

Take care not to overdo these next few weeks ~ K?!

so happy for you all ~ Tracy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

I was so happy to see your update.

You were absolutely glowing in your pictures!

Your great report about the epi is making me rethink my natural childbirth plans!!! LOL!

He's so handsome. Congrats to you all again.

R Dvorak said...

Well, well, well, . . . another wonderful baby. I am THRILLED for you. I cannot say I am surprised. But I can say, Congratulations!

I have been completely drawn to this site the last number of days. I found myself coming here two or three times a day to check and see how things were going. I have loved every blog and felt truly a part of your life. Thank you for sharing.

Now, as much as I want to be kept informed. I do want you to stay healthy. So please rest and take care of yourself and your family . . . then fill me in on the details of how life changes. K?

May God bless you and your family!!

Mrs. Taft said...

Congrats! He's adorable! I'm glad you had a favorable birth experience, especially with the epidural...I know so many who didn't have such a good experience! lol! I still have back pain from mine. And having had one natural and one epidural, definitely going the natural route again should the Lord ever bless me with more children. :)

Can't wait to see more pics! Welcome little Justus!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful!

Calina said...

Big Congrats to you and your family!

Our Home to Yours said...

Many congrats to you and your family on Justus's healthy birth!!! I have to say I adore the middle name you chose!! Great choice! I am SOOOOO glad to hear your birth went well with the epi.. (aren't they great?) and you didn;t hemhorrage! So excited for you guys.. love the pictures.. he is so handsome!! Can't wait to hear the whole story.. :)
Know we are praying for your first week at home!

Karen said...

Congratulations! I'm glad that everything went well.

Welcome Justus!

sbpaulson said...

Congratulations having a beautiful baby boy! Praying your first week will go well!

Lyndi said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys and I am so thankful your delivery was better than the past for you. What a blessing! I'll look forward to updates on mothering three:)

Lesley said...

YAY! Congrats again on your adorable boy! He's so cute and you look great! :)

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! I was praying that it would all work out for you & your family & upcoming plans. God loves to give us beautiful gifts, doesn't He?! I think He likes to surprise us sometimes (okay, a lot of the time!)
Congratulations to you & yours!
It most definitely is a wonderful feeling to know it's ALL OVER!!!! Now the fun begins:-)

Talitha said...

Lindsey, I'm very glad your little Justus arrived safely and both you and baby are doing so well! Mine is 10 and a half mos. now, has mastered crawling, and will be walking unassisted before we know it. Hope the boys can meet up sometime soon. :)

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It