Monday, August 25, 2008

Making My Home a Haven Monday---Back on Track!


My home is looking pretty nice what with all the nesting that went into it and the large amounts of help from hubby and the in-laws during the last week. A friend offered to bring dinner by tonight, even though the meals from church have stopped coming, and so today's focus is going to be getting back on track with my schedule.


At the beginning of the summer I realized that my home management binder felt too rigid and structured for the summer time and so I made a simple, one-page-for-a-whole-week summer schedule to glance at in my binder. I found that because I had built discipline and habits in my homemaking throughout the fall and spring with my more detailed schedule, even without a daily list to check off the household chores have gotten done as I was able and we have lived life as it came to us, at a fairly simple summer pace.


Now that I don't feel so drained of energy because of pregnancy weariness I am feeling like it's time to crack open that schedule binder and get down to business again. There are lots of things swirling in my mind that I need to get done, especially since the birth of a new baby means lots of initial doctor appointments and paperwork (getting our will done, filling out birth certificate forms, etc.)


So, I'm writing out a list of things I want to accomplish for the week and the various appts. we have for certain days. I have a list of thank-yous to tackle and a list of pre-school supplies to gather for Ali. I'm writing out a week's meal plan using up meals that I have frozen for these post-baby days and I'm making out a shopping list for the end of the week that I can tackle when I can take one or none of the kiddoes!


Don't worry friends. I don't plan to crazily exert myself and I really am taking it easy for complete healing even though it may not seem like it from my posts. With every child we gain in our family, I have been forced to become more organized and disciplined to survive. So, I'm just trying to figure out how our new schedule will work with 3 little ones to care for and try to map out what needs to get done. My hubby is going back to work today, my mom starts teaching school, and my in-laws are back in MN so I'm on my own now!


STAY TUNED for a new series I will be doing on my blog frequently called, "Three 3 and Under" which will highlight the things I learn along the way about taking care of 3 little ones.

5 comments:

Mrs. Taft said...

You amaze me, girl :D And I can't wait for your series :)

Mrs. Taft said...

p.s. the picture you have currently up of Justus is just meltingly, ridiculously precious. He is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm from MN too.
Cong. on your new bundle.
Just don't over do it.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

You have a beautiful family! Hope your routine goes smoothly. :D

The Three 22nds said...

Yeah...I sent a bag. I was going to put a card in, but that didn't happen! Actually, I don't even remember if it was in a bag or a box :) There was a little red outfit with a bear and fire truck or something and also a little cowboy jean jacket...anyway, that was the stuff from me. Enjoy!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It