Friday, August 8, 2008

Appt. Update

No baby yet! I just chose a nap over posting at the usual time!

I wish he had been born today, Kristin's guess, since it would have been pretty cool to have an 08/08/08 baby! I guess there is still time, but considering I went from having contrax a couple of weeks ago to over a week now of NO contrax, it's not too likely!

The neat thing is that I had an appt. today and got to see an OB nurse, who was much more thorough and sweet than the doctors I have had, and she ordered an ultrasound after finding me at only a 1 (and I really suspect I was only given that because she rammed her way into my cervix!) and after me saying that I feel no pelvic pressure and am wondering what position he is in.

Though it's harder to see things on ultrasound when the baby is this big, it was so awesome to hear the technician say, "the head is down deep in the pelvis!" Hooray! Another testimony to God's grace and an answered prayer! I definitely don't feel it down there! At the last minute she was able to confirm for me that he is DEFINITELY a boy! Hurray, since that's what I have my heart set on now; not to mention his clothes ready and his scrapbook started! My mom came along with me to help with the kids (since Jer needed a swollen ear looked at too) and so we all got to see the ultrasound together! The kids seemed less impressed this time around and I guess I don't blame them since it's kinda hard to tell what body parts are what in there!

I'm hoping for a baby this weekend, even if my doc is on vacation through Tuesday! Tuesday is my folk's anniversary, so maybe Justus will hold off until then just to spite my Dad, who is hoping to take my mom camping overnight in Jackson that night if there is no sign of a baby coming yet!

I'll keep ya'll posted and if I do have a lengthy labor, like usual, then I will take time to notify the blog-world that I'm in labor! If only we could all have a labor like Kristin!

I want to have this baby, if only.......
.....to stop Ali from rubbing my belly and talking to it non-stop
.....to stop being greeted by my hubby several times a day with, "Any contractions at all?"
.....so my friends can stop calling and asking permission to go to the lake, or camping or something since they know I need them to watch the kids when I go into labor
.....so we can hold him and see him!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

There's still time for an 08-08-08 baby, especially if your labor goes like mine! One can only hope, right? :-)

Your last paragraph cracked me up! Oh, how I dislike those last days just waiting...and waiting...and waiting.

Thia said...

I am having the same thing go on here! Two weeks ago I was crampy and contracting. Now...not so much. It drives me crazy.

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It