Monday, November 5, 2007

Run, Don't Walk, to get THIS BOOK!

I received my copy of Passionate Housewives Desperate for God today. No, I didn't win it in the drawing, but I ordered it the first day it became available to buy. Wow! I read most of it/skimmed the rest in one evening. It was just that good! If you read my previous post you know I've had a tough day (make that a tough week) and this was a great breath of fresh air to remind me of my calling as a mommy and homemaker. I am guilty of having been a "Christan Feminist" in the past and so many points in this book hit home with me. It gave me a fresh vision for my challenging role and gave me the wisdom I needed to hear today in the area of parenting. I thought about quoting some of the book here, but then I realized I would need to quote half of the book, so you'd better just go out and buy it! Two of the chapters that were especially helpful to me were, "Weary Women" and "Too Good to be True: Freedom from the Bondage of Perfectionism." I also found the chapter "You Mean it's Not all About Me?" to be enlightening since I regularly encounter moms who talk about craving "me time" and yet don't understand why they still feel desperate for satisfaction. I, too, have been guilty of seeking "me time" as my salvation when I really should be letting Jesus fill me up for those weary days. I was raised with the idea that you "veg out" when you are exhausted. The authors challenge this idea and show how even Christian women easily embrace concepts of the world that promote selfishness and feminism.
I will be re-reading this book many times in order to let it all sink in. There is so much I can learn from these neat women!
You can buy this book on Amazon or from www.biblicalwomanhood.com.

No comments:

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It