Friday, November 23, 2007

Giving Thanks!

A meal fit for a king!

Grammy reads the kiddies a Thanksgiving story


Jer discovers that funny thing on Grandpa called a moustache and enjoys pinching Grandpa's nose!

After dessert my cousins decided to teach us all a difficult Irish jig that they know well from having attended the Ball in Billings at least 6 times (We attended one a couple of years ago and it was so fun! It's an elaborate ball hosted by The Rocky Presbyterian Church in Billings for homeschoolers, Christian teens and adults and their families! It's so fun to learn old-fashioned dances and dress up and see the beauty of three hundred people dancing in unison together!)


_________________________________________________________________

We had a nice Thanksgiving at our family's cabin in the mountains. I enjoyed visiting with my Aunt, Uncle and cousins, who are all really neat Christian people. We had a sumptious feast that took TONS of work on all of us ladies' part to prepare, but it was so worth it. Hanging out by the fire and just relaxing was fun too. However, it majorly grossed us out when we found "evidence" of a huge packrat all over our room and we weren't too sad to leave after one night knowing that critters were lurking around at night! Yicky!



I'm so thankful for God's many blessings in my life! Sometimes He blesses me with rest and plenty, sometimes with seemingly endless trials and lessons to learn which drive me back to the most important things in life. But He always blesses me; I owe the fact that I'm breathing right now to His grace. Thank you God!

3 comments:

Mrs. Taft said...

Looks like a wonderful time! :D

-V- said...

So glad you had a wonderful thanksgiving - such a happy family! And I thought the picture of your mom was you... WOW you look alike! :-)

-V- said...

P.S. My parents have that exact same green and yellow linoleum in their guest bathroom... :-)

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It