Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thoughts on Pettiness

Lord, forgive me of my pettiness.
So often I forget where my true Home is.
I forget what truly matters.
I get offended over stupid stuff.
I worry about inconsequential things.
AS IF THEY MATTERED!
I waste my time watching something
that isn't necessarily bad,
but is so empty and void of truth
AS IF IT MATTERED!
How much time do I spend on me?
On my glory, on my exultation,
On making myself look good?
AS IF IT MATTERED!
My kids need daily training in godliness.
My brother is lost and going to Hell.
My neighbors and friends need real Hope.
My husband needs a friend.
The broken need a word of encouragement.
My friends need my prayers.
The poor are in need of food.
THIS IS WHAT MATTERS!!!!!

4 comments:

S. and Company said...

Thanks Lindsey. I have been thinking about similar things recently. Sometimes it feels like my life becomes too full of trivial things. It is so easy to let a half hour of tv or internet browsing turn into an hour or more at night when I could be conversing with my husband. It is so easy to let the kids entertain themselves for too long while I fold clothes. I sometimes spend too much time thinking about the external when I should be spending more time on the internal (like spiritual growth for my children and myself, or encouraging Steve). I am going to try to cut out some of the little things in my life to make more room for more meaningful things. I would appreciate your prayers in this area. I will pray for you too.
love you,
Natalie

Lesley said...

Thanks for this post - it is yet another reminder that my priorities need shifting!

How's your week going so far? Jer's b-day party looked like a real hit -- good job on your creativity and planning!

The Three 22nds said...

good post! loved the race car cookies! I LOVE planning kid parties!

Lura said...

Amen!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It