Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nutritious Packed Lunches


It is possible to pack lunches that are good for you and yet satisfying! When I went to the airport to pick up my bro, I knew it would be a long day, and that the kids would be whiny and hungry after shopping and Colter would be tired after a full day and night of flying and running through airports. In the past when he has come home to the USA he has had a hard time eating the greasy, fat-loaded American food right away as his body isn't used to it. So, I made up some homemade taboule (my hubby's favorite!) and added some fresh fruit and cheese. We had some juice boxes and granola bars too, as well as some cajun-flavored pumpkin seeds I had made, and it made for a yummy picnic lunch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look delicious. What a wonderful idea! Would you be able to share your recipe for the taboule? I've never had it before, but it looks good.

Angel

Heather said...

That's a great idea! I recognized the tabbouleh right away. It was so sweet of you to pack a lunch Colter would enjoy.

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It