Friday, September 19, 2008

We have DSL!!!

You may be thinking, "Welcome to 2008!" I know. I know. But I didn't grow up with internet and had to figure out how to get an e-mail account when I was in my Freshman year of college. Since then we've always had dial-up, so this is something really new and really cool for us! You may actually see some videos of my kids on my blog occasionally now! Last night we had fun looking at various YouTube videos (I love America's funniest home videos) and catching up on the videos I was never able to see before (Girl Talk's Friday Funnies and my friend Kristin's videos of her kids), etc.
It's amazing how fast I can load my favorite blogs now and upload pictures and check e-mail, etc. Checking the grocery flyers and shopping online will be so much easier now! Yeah hurray! And we're only paying less than $2 more for DSL than we were for dial-up thanks to a new deal in our area.

4 comments:

R Dvorak said...

Welcome to the luxury of fast internet. I know exactly how you feel, since we got DSL only a couple months ago. It is amazing how much more you can watch and do online now.

I am curious how you managed to do all this previous blogging and such on dialup. WOW! I trust you will find it much easier now. Enjoy!

Our Home to Yours said...

Hey..
YES! I love my new blog template.. I got the website from Kristin.. it is..
www.cutestblogontheblock.com
They have a TON of cute ones to choose from, and this template is easy to add and won't mess up your layout. :)
Congrats on DSL!

Lesley said...

Whoohoo!! :)

Thia said...

It's a wonderful thing! We've always said there is no way we could go back to dial up.

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It