Thursday, September 25, 2008

Three 3 and Under--Third Kids



Perhaps it was because I was the oldest, but I always had this idea that the first kid gets the most attention and love. My parents didn't show favoritism or anything but my brothers were always complaining that I could do this or that because I was older and it wasn't fair. I was also the only girl so I got to do different things than the boys and Dad made the boys do more of the physical chores around the home. I won't tell you which brother, but one of my brothers even complained when Mom bought me my first bra, "Why does Lindsey get everything? Why can't I get one too?"

So, needless to say, I kind of had the expectation from books and talking with other people that the youngest kid or kids get shorted. That they get less attention, the parents are more lenient with them, they are the tag-alongs to their older siblings, etc.

Since I've become a parent of a third child I've been excited to see that EACH and EVERY baby I've had thus far has been EQUALLY anticipated and EQUALLY loved! So, this post is for my hubby (who is a third child) and my youngest brother. While it may be true that parents don't have the undivided attention to pamper and cater to the third baby's every squeak or boil the pacifer every time it hits the floor, I think the third child gets even MORE attention because the older siblings are always crowding around him, kissing him and begging to hold him. I adore cuddling my third baby so much because I've realized how fast this stage goes and am more apt to appreciate it now! Whether your baby is a big surprise or not, easy or difficult, closely spaced to the other kids or not, boy or girl you love them with all your heart and can't imagine life without them! I speak only as a mom of three, but I'm sure my blogging friends with seven or eight would back me up on this!

No comments:

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It