Wednesday, September 17, 2008

10 Things I'm Thankful Jesus Saved Me From:

I found Abraham Piper's blog through my new blog-buddies' site, A Reforming Mom. I love his post entitled, "10 things we don’t mention in worship songs, but that I’m happy God saved me from."

Here's My List of 10 Things I'm Glad Jesus Spared Me From....

1. Dating in High School (I would have made so many mistakes....)

2. A Car Accident Today (someone jammed on their brakes and turned right in front of me and I discovered the van brakes work well in a pinch!)

3. Extreme poverty in Childhood

4. Rape or Molestation

5. Homelessness

6. Having an Alcoholic Father

7. Miscarriage

8. The Death of a Parent in My Youth

9. Belonging to a Cult or Being Blinded by False Teachings

10. Being Married to an Abuser

(I'm not implying that if you have walked through some of these trials you are lesser of a person or less blessed by God. I'm merely pointing out that these are some trials I'm thankful God hasn't given me. I have had plenty of other trials to deal with and being that I'm still young I could still experience some of these things but I'm grateful for the grace God has given thus far in not allowing these things in my life!)

1 comment:

R Dvorak said...

You are SO right that we have much to thank God for. Even though I have experienced a few of your items, I praise the Lord I have survived. God has saved me from much as well and I love the idea of publishing these gratitudes. Great reminder!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It