Friday, September 26, 2008

Investing in Alathia




Overheard at the dinner table:

King Jo to Ali: "Ali, can you imagine what a spirited girl could do with the Holy Spirit in her?"


This week I'm thankful for Ali. I'm thankful because I know God gave me exactly the little girl He wanted me to have. He knew that if I had merely had the two, easy-going little boys I would think I was a perfect parent or that parenting is pretty easy. He knew I would be proud and haughty. He knew I needed to be challenged to grow, to learn, and most importantly to see His face continually. So, He blessed me with an amazing little person who gives me daily opportunities to lean on grace.


And as I look back on all the struggles and situations we've been through, I have to agree with the words to a Sara Groves song,

"I can't remember a trial or a pain He did not recycle to bring me gain. I can't remember one single regret in serving God only and trusting his hand."

No comments:

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It