Thursday, September 4, 2008

Investing in Alathia


It's hard to look at your precious tiny newborn baby and believe that you will ever get frustrated or angry with him/her. And yet, because I've felt that way twice before, I know from experience that I will, because my kids are human beings with a sinful nature and I am too! I also know that within less than 2 years, my little baby will learn to do unbelievable amounts of new things, some of which involve hurting me or their siblings, and being defiant, whiny, or naughty!
Here is a picture from way back when Ali was just 16 months and we first moved into the apartment building. I was preggo with Jer and the neighbor girls were just 3 and 4 year of age. They all climbed into her crib and sucked on her pacifiers to pretend to be babies.
This has been a much better week for dealing with Alathia, no doubt because her time at preschool has given me a breather. We actually went yard-sale-ing together on Saturday and had a wonderful time. It's quickly becoming a favorite hobby of hers too! I was enjoying her company so much I said, "You are such a cute little girl! I'm so glad you're mine!" She replied, "You are such a cute little Mama. I'm glad you're my Mama!" Awwww!
I'm doing much to invest in Ali this week; most of which involves reading. In another post I will feature the new books I purchased which came in the mail this week and how they are helping me in my quest to invest in my energetic girl!

No comments:

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It