Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Kid Funnies



We pulled out the potty chair to see if Jer was remotely interested in learning to go potty. He knows that if he goes he will get a small piece of candy like a chocolate chip. He was trying hard because he really wanted some candy. All that came out was air.
He said, “Me tooted. Get candy?”

Ali was eating burritos with sour cream on them and stated, “This is yummy shaving cream.”
(Keep in mind that Ali somehow developed the idea that people with moustaches are bad…..)
Daddy was explaining to Ali that we need to be kind to the neighbors because God loves them. He was saying God is nice and wants us to be nice. Ali answered, “Oh. Does He have a moustache?”

Ali passed gas at the table and we said, “What do you say Ali?” Her immediate response was, “It wasn’t me. It was Bear-Bear!”

I was reading something funny and was chuckling. Jer heard me and said, “Dustthis tooted?” (Apparently we laugh over that a lot in this household!)

Ali was eating lunch with her daddy and said, “Guess what, at preschool today we had ranch and carrots and I was licking the ranch off my plate and the teacher said not to do that and I told her my daddy taught me to.” (And the sad thing is, he did!)

I asked, “Ali do you like the home schooled girls that come in to help Miss Jenny teach preschool?” Ali replies, “Yes! They don’t have moustaches!”

We asked, “Ali, do you like Boppa? He has a moustache.” She said, “I like just his whole body but not his moustache.” We asked, “What about Grandpa Joel?” She said, “I like him, but not his moustache.” And the same response about Uncle Coco and Uncle Paul.

We all sang Jesus Loves the Little Children to the baby. After we finished Ali said, “You forgot pink!” I said, “Are there pink children?” She said, “Yep!”

Daddy cut his hair with the Flow-bee. Ali didn’t notice his cut until a day or two later. All of a sudden she said, “Daddy, you cut your hair! You look like a boy!” (Did he look like a girl with hair an inch longer?)

3 comments:

The Three 22nds said...

hey- I have some questions/thoughts on the Making Home article on birth control. I would be interested in your prospective. I had considered writing my own post, but I have some relatives who read that and well, I don't know if it would be the best plan. Anyway, if I can get my thoughts together I may send you an email if that is ok. I started to post in your comment section but it was getting way too long (like this one).

The Three 22nds said...

oops perspective :)

SS said...

Thats cute about Ali and the mustaches....funny thing is that when I was her age I only liked guys who had mustaches!!!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It