Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Giving an Ergo a Try

I've heard so many of my favorite bloggers raving about the Ergo baby carrier that I decided to give it a try with Justus. He loves the sling, unlike my other kids, and is outgrowing the Snugli carrier and my homemade sling. And I just can't figure out how to comfortably carry my kids in the Guatamalan sling even though the Guatamalan women seem to have no trouble lugging around their preschoolers in it! I have tried a large variety of slings in the past few years and have not found one that is very comfortable both for myself and the baby.

Blogreader KC commented recently on my blog that I should get an Ergo. After researching on it all weekend I decided that she was right and ordered one from a nice homeschooling family she recommended that has an online business: www.thehomegrownfamily.com They processed my order immediately and I can't wait to get it and try it out.

They are pricey, but apparently worth it, and since Justus is my third kid and wants to be held 24/7, I kind of need my hands free to cook, clean, or care for the other kids and need to find a sling that works and works well! The Ergo is supposed to be wonderful for the mother's spine and baby's spine too. It was developed by a mom in 2003 and has started exploding in popularity. You can use it on your hip, on your front, or on your back. We received some money from some family and some friends for baby gifts so that will go toward the Ergo!

Want to see what one looks like? Check out the official site here. Another great site to visit where you can watch an online video on the Ergo is www.myfavoritebabycarrier.com

If you want to give one a try, I would recommend ordering one from the family's website I linked to above since it's the same price as anywhere else on the web, has free shipping, and a 90-Day guarantee. I figure if my baby doesn't like it or I don't use it as much as I had hoped I can return it within a few months and get a FULL refund!

For those of you with gassy/clingy babies, it might be an important purchase for your sanity.
I will let you all know how I like it after I've tested it out for a while. It is supposed to carry kids up to 40 pounds so I can see how it works with all of my kids.

Who are my favorite bloggers who LOVE their Ergos? Tammy, from www.tammysrecipes.com, Crystal, from www.biblicalwomanhood.com/blog and Lindsay, from www.passionatehomemaking.com

2 comments:

the momma said...

We love our ERGOs, too!!! yes, plural! We ordered a second one about 2 weeks after getting our first ERGO almost 3 years ago.

I loaned one of then out several months ago & had to ask for it back, because there were so many times that one kid was in the carrier & another one wanted to be carried, too!
I even have a somewhat funny story about it here http://pursuingjoy.blogspot.com/2008/03/hmmm.html


Justus may prefer to sit sideways in it until he's a bit older....

R Dvorak said...

I love this idea. I haven't actually had an ERGO before. But I know how helpful hands free can be. I hope you receive what you expect.

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It