Thursday, September 4, 2008

Three 3 and Under--Trips Out


Well, so far I've been out about 4 times with the 3 kids, not including runs where they have stayed in the car for quick errands like picking up Ali from preschool. One of those times was to a doctor appt. for Ali and for Justus (killing two birds with one stone!) and one of those was on foot to the grocery store. The other two were also grocery runs, but in the van. I know, I know, I said I was going to cut down on grocery runs, but it seems like we're always out of milk or something small, or in yesterday's case there was NO chocolate whatsoever in the house!!! When you're only a couple of blocks from the store and your kids are dying to get out for some fresh air, it's nice to have an errand to run that doesn't take too long!
My best tips for taking the 3 out at this point in time are: nurse the baby before you go, and use the old double stroller (not our double jogger since Justus can's sit up in it yet). Since Ali enjoys walking or helping push the stroller or riding her little bike around, the boys get to ride in the stroller and it keeps my little active boy Jer immobile too! This was invaluable at the doctor's appt!
I've mentioned before on here that learning to keep kids immobile at times is essential. Whether that means one kid is in a sling or backpack or two kids are in a stroller or something, it is the only way to survive with so many little ones. Remember when I said I often apply make-up in the car when they are immobile in carseats? It's much easier to do it that way than to be chasing them around the house while applying make-up or fixing your hair!
For those of you who are seasoned moms of 3, please feel free to leave your own tips or advice here. Even if I don't always ask for advice, I always welcome it (thanks Nicole!)

1 comment:

Mrs. Taft said...

That's a good idea about make-up! Just take a few minutes to apply before you start the car and drive away. Ingenious!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It