Wednesday, September 17, 2008

To Make a Cake

Since the kids are forever and always playing in the dirt and mud pretending to make cookies and cakes I decided to have them bake a cake yesterday in honor of Justus' one-month birthday! First they wash hands in a bucket of soapy water (which I keep handy for those times when fingers make their way into noses and mouths....)
Let's grease the pan! Jerby discovers that shortning doesn't taste that good.
Ali gets to add the water.
Both kids get a few turns to stir.
While mom is putting the cake in the oven, Jer decides to sample the raw cake batter.
While the cake is baking, Jerby has fun making yet another mess! Of course it was sister who snuck the water out of the bathroom to make mud and got into trouble for it!
Being dirty is so much fun!


Freshly washed and clothed, the kids frost the cake after supper.
Yummy! Happy One-Month Birthday Baby Justus!!!


3 comments:

Mrs. Taft said...

Awww :D Looks like fun!

Heather said...

Yay! Happy one-month birthday, baby J!

Lesley said...

I was just thinking about how Justus is now a month old! Time sure flies -- does it seem like he's not a newborn anymore?? I glanced at the picture we have of him hanging on our fridge from your birth announcement and I agree that our baby boys look strangely alike! Maybe it's just that newborn look but their little faces have an uncanny similarity to them. And they're both adorable of course! :)

I think your "switched in the womb" comment was really funny. It's true that I sometimes wonder where my babies come from at first because they are always darker skinned at birth and then they lighten up later. I'm pretty sure Christian will be another little blondie, though because his eyelashes and eyebrows are really light blonde and I can see some light streaks in his hair which I'm sure will lighten like Kayley's did.

Anyway, I'm starting to feel a bit more relaxed and less anxious about having three little ones and I feel like I'm slowly falling into some sort of routine which makes things easier. I wish I was doing as great as what it sounds like you're doing but I will be the first to admit that it's been HARD at times. I'm sure it will be different later on, just like it was when Kayley got a bit older and we could hardly remember life without her. I love the newborn stage but the intensity of it makes me glad it's just a short season of life. :)

Here's wishing you a happy week!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It