Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Heart Overflowing With Praise

I mentioned in my last post that there were many temptations to give in to worry this week. Well, only one day has passed, but already things are looking so much better!

We contacted all of the proper authorities on Monday morning and got our financial stuff taken care of. It turns out that the folks who stole our information did indeed try to use our debit card all weekend. (Isn't it sad that they probably purposely did this just before a weekend so we couldn't take care of it for a couple of days until banks opened up?) But, here's the cool thing: They made a few charges to both e-bay and AOL to "test the card." It turns out these $1 charges get credited back to you since they are just set up to test people's credit accounts and so they get refunded back to your account. Obviously the folks were testing out our info. Then, they tried to make a larger purchase somewhere online and then tried to do an even larger purchase. For reasons totally unknown to us (but known to our God), the card wouldn't work on the bigger purchases. There is no reason it shouldn't have because it worked for the minimal test runs they gave it. I believe with all of my heart that it was God! I believe He was answering our prayers and looking out for us even a day or two before we discovered the fraud and started praying over it! Can God answer our prayers before we even pray them? I believe He can! God is so, so good to us! He blows my mind!

While we will still need to be vigilant about watching our credit report and have learned a lot from this experience, I think the worst of it is over. I can't help but wonder if God allowed this in our lives in order to bless one of you out there too! Maybe one of my blog readers, or one of our friends or family members would have been scammed out of a TON of money if not for the warning to be careful about things like this. Or maybe the steps we took to track the phisher will end in their capture, preventing them from hurting more people.

Thank you for your prayers! Also, my neck is feeling amazing today!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Lindsey, I prayed for you many times yesterday as I thought of your worrisome situation. What a wonderful praise report today! Our God is so good.

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It