Tuesday, May 27, 2008

We're Back!

I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. We had a great time in Billings seeing my sweet cousin graduate. We got to shop all kinds of fun stores we haven't seen in a year or more (Old Navy, Target, Motherhood Maternity, JC Penney, Michaels, etc.) but we still managed to not spend that much. I found the perfect denim maternity skirt that is very long, comfy and fashionable and was only $25 and should last through any future pregnancies too! I think Motherhood Maternity is my new favorite store when I'm pregnant, especially if they have a good sale!

We've been looking at stores all over and online for about 6 months, trying to find wooden letters in my son's name so he can have his name on the wall like sister has. We finally found them at Michaels' and they actually had all the letters (everywhere else we've looked they've been out of certain letters)!
We had great fellowship with my aunt and uncle and cousins. I don't think I've ever met a family who laughs as much as them. It's so much fun to be around them. They always make gourmet foods and love to linger over meals for a couple of hours, just visiting. My aunt made the best whole wheat pancakes with fresh-ground wheat and grape syrup made from the organic grapes in her garden! All of her meals were just amazing! We also got to enjoy one of our family's all-time favorite restaurants after church on Sunday: Olive Garden! The kids got to go to Zoo Montana yesterday and see some animals, which they enjoyed. All in all, it was still tons of work to travel with little ones and keep them from destroying my aunt's breakables, but they did very well and were very good for the most part. Just before leaving they each received a scratch on their left cheeks from the poor cat they were tormenting.

My mom and I drove back together, as my dad and King Jo had left a day earlier since they had to work, and we are the spaciest ditzes you have ever seen when we are gabbing in the car. We missed our exit and didn't realize it until an hour had passed, only to find out that there was no other way to fix the mistake than drive all the way back. So, our five hour drive with two squirming kids was stretched into an almost 8 hour drive by the time we took several potty breaks for my pregnant body and a supper break. We got home at 11pm in the pounding rain, neither one of us is even remotely good at night driving! Oh well, I guess we'll learn to pay more attention to road signs next time!

1 comment:

Mrs. Taft said...

LOL--your driving story is cute :) Glad you had a good time!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It