Thursday, May 29, 2008

Pregnancy Brain

Lately I've been suffering from pregnancy brain. Those of you who have been there know that it can feel like aliens snatched your fully-functioning mind and replaced it with something that's more than "a few fries short of a Happy Meal."

I've caught myself in impossible scheduling conflicts at times due to my inability to simply remember what I've scheduled for myself. No SAHM should feel this busy some days but when you have said yes to several committments that are supposed to happen all at the same time, then the panic hits! The sad thing is this isn't something I've done just once. It's happened at least 3 or 4 times in the last month resulting in embarrassing situations and extra phone calls where I have to explain that I can't do what I originally said I could do.

So, I guess I'll have to let you know how I survive tomorrow! Let's just say that it will probably involve cancelling a Walgreens trip that could produced some amazing bargains, and I will be babysitting a total of 6 different kids throughout the day, not including my own, in addition to a couple of other things that are planned (park playdate and lunch potluck). If only my brain would actually WORK when I'm pregnant so I could stop doing this to myself!

No comments:

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It