Monday, May 19, 2008

Wedding Gift Idea


My mom and I were invited to a bridal shower last minute this weekend. In between all the company, as well as our yard sale, I was hard-pressed at first to think of a nice, but inexpensive gift for someone I really don't know all that well. I have lots of baby gifts and general gifts on hand, but no wedding gifts. If I had had the time I would have made Bride and Groom beach towels but there wasn't an opportunity for that.


So, I racked my brain and called my mom with an idea. She shopped for the stuff while I was at our yard sale and then we quickly threw it together in the thirty minutes between my yard sale and the bridal shower. We came up with a cleaning bucket of natural cleaning supplies for the new bride. I wish someone had given me one when I was a new bride as I didn't know all about natural products back then.


Here's what we put in the cleaning bucket:

Scrub Brush

Dusting cloths

Baking Soda

Bottle of Vinegar

Two Spray Bottles (one for the vinegar and one which I filled with Dr. Bronner's soap and water I had on hand)

Mr. Clean Disinfectant wipes I had gotten free at Walgreens a few weeks ago
Mini broom and dustpan


I also threw in a cute little jar of my homemade powdered laundry detergent and all my recipes typed out for homemade natural cleaners and detergents. We added a homemade wedding card, tied a ribbon around the bucket and we were ready to go! By shopping at Family Dollar and splitting the cost it ended up being a very nice, but inexpensive gift!
*If I did it again I would throw in some lemons and some homemade olive oil/lemon spray for dusting.

2 comments:

Monkey Girl said...

Lindsey,
How do you make olive oil/lemon spray for dusting?

Mrs. Taft said...

Wow, what a great idea!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It