Sunday, April 13, 2008

Shopping Therapy




What is it about shopping that feels like therapy sometimes? When I was feeling down on Saturday morning about all the little pink and brightly colored dresses that will be going to my cousin's new baby girl now, I hit some yard sales. Thankfully the one sale in town with all the baby and kid stuff had no frilly girl clothes at all, only lots and lots of little boy clothes. Score! I also found a beautiful new scrapbook, complete with some baby stickers and paper and cut-outs that will be perfect for a little guy (yellowish colored) and it was only $1! It's actually the exact same scrapbook I was given as a gift for Ali so now they will have matching books!

The thrift store also had some great deals. All their nice onesies were boy ones and were from Gap and Old Navy and there were even a couple that were brand new with tags still on them for only 25 cents! (And, I have to add, that one was even organic cotton!)

While I don't think it's healthy to look to new things to make you happy or to satisfy you, there was something fun about finding some adorable things for my new baby that I can look forward to giving him in the future, proving to myself that baby boys can be just as fun as baby girls!
Oh, and another reason I'm thrilled to be having a little boy is yesterday one of my best friends found out she is having a little boy too, her very first after two girls! She's due just a couple of weeks after me, and even though she lives far away, our boys can play when we get together for visits! Congratulations Sam and Lesley! See their blog here. (I guess they'll have to change their blog name!)

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Thank you so much for sharing in my excitement yesterday!! It was SO GOOD to talk with you and have someone to share the joy with right away -- especially someone who is having a boy too!

I am so glad that you are getting more excited about the idea of having another boy but don't give all those girly things away just yet because you will probably get another girl in the near future I bet! :) I am sorry you had that initial disappointment -- I really felt for you and I'm sure I would have been pretty bummed for awhile if it had been another girl for us, as much as we would have loved her dearly. I know you will fall in love the second you meet your new little guy but don't give up hope on another girl yet.
And I can't help but be happy that we're both having boys -- I need help and tips on how to raise one! :)

P.S. I tried changing my blog name but it didn't work. How do I do that, do you know?

Lesley said...

P.P.S.

Yay for boys! I just want to go out and buy BLUE! :)

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It