Friday, April 25, 2008

My Meal Plan for the Week

It's been a while since I've done "Spoil King Jo Week" so I thought I'd do it again. However, with tightening the grocery budget in order to save for the minivan, I don't have enough flex room in the budget to plan a big, special meal every single night so I've decided to just spoil him with one meal, dessert, breakfast, or snack each day that he really likes and that we haven't had in a while. This way I can still make affordable meals and yet bless him. I always write my weekly menu down in my home management binder before I go shopping for the week. I don't like assigning days to the meals though since I like the flexibility of fixing what I most feel like eating (especially in pregnancy) or what I have the time to make that particular day.

I've highlighted in red the things that are King Jo's special foods of the day:

Roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, veggies Snack for King Jo: Jerky

Sloppy Joes, French Fries, Salad

Pancakes, Hashbrowns, Bacon

Sub Sandwiches (Spicy cajun pepper turkey with pepper jack on homemade french bread), Sour Cream and Onion Chips, Peanut Butter Cookies

Mom's Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas, Salad, Tortilla chips and salsa Breakfast: Coffee Cake

Prairie Fire Chicken Strips, Zuchinni/veggie stirfry

Snacks for the kids and I this week:

Strawberry yogurt
Grapes
Cottage Cheese
Goldfish crackers
Cheese
Homemade Wheat Bread with butter
Leftovers

Lunches this week:

Tuna sandwiches and chips
Ramen noodles, cheese, fruit
Leftover Sloppy Joes
Leftover Subs
Enchilada leftovers
Vegetable beef/barley soup (homemade)

Most of the time our breakfasts are cereal. We drink water, juice, and milk throughout the week.

The items I needed to buy for this week's menu cost around $55, which isn't bad at all for our town. However, keep in mind that I have elk hamburger on hand and things I am using from the pantry or leftovers from last week.

No comments:

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It