Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Progress!

I wish I had taken a "before" pic of my sewing corner. Just picture lots of fabric piles, patterns, pins, and needles everywhere and thread all over the floor! Yes, the sewing table is awfully small and is in fact an end table, but my cute sewing desk with drawers, that I got at a yard sale and painted up a few summers ago, is in our storage shed since there is a lack of space in our apartment. This little sewing corner is one tiny corner of our living room, which functions as a playroom, den, laundry folding area, desk and office area, sewing area, school-time area, entryway, and diaper changing station!

In the process of cleaning the paper pile on the table, I found a bunch of the artwork that Ali and the neighbor girls had made for me. Since one of our kitchen walls was bare, I decided to rig up an Art Clothesline to hold the art of the week and thus eliminate clutter from my table. It brightens up the kitchen and showcases the creative talents of the kids.







It was exciting to see the clutter and piles disappear yesterday. I accomplished everything I had hoped to, but that doesn't mean that my house was perfect of course due to the fact that I have little people running around behind me all day un-doing what I do!

No comments:

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It