Thursday, July 31, 2008

Whole Wheat Cinnamon Rolls




I came across a blog yesterday that is one of my new favorites! Laura, a mom of 4 active young boys, has a ton of inspiring recipes and homeschooling tips to check out on http://www.heavenlyhomemakers.com/. I tried her Whole Wheat Cinnamon Rolls, and they are delicious and so much better for you than the regular kind. I also can't wait to try her applesauce bread, her soft pretzels, and her pizza pockets among other things.


The cinnamon rolls fulfilled several needs. A crazy need I've been feeling recently to cook up a storm (is this hormonal?), a craving to eat a homebaked treat, a desire to bless others (they made so many that my folks' Bible Study got a plateful, as well as a friend whose son had surgery today and my hippie neighbor who loves home-baked whole wheat goodies), and I froze some too! And to top it all off, they added something special to my Operation-Invest-In-Alathia goals since she got up really, really early this morning and we shared a nice breakfast together of cinnamon rolls, juice, and fruit and spent time cuddling, chatting, and reading books before her brother woke up! She quickly devoured two and loved them! So, if you're a mom who is looking for healthier snack ideas for your kids, check out Laura's site! Did I also mention that these rolls were very, very simple to make?

1 comment:

Heather said...

Can I come over for breakfast sometime?! :)

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It