Friday, July 18, 2008

2 Counts of Bliss and Weird Pregnancy Dreams

Yesterday afforded me two wonderful treats. One was coming back from an all-day lake trip to get a message on the machine from my mom saying, "I'm pressure-cooking a roast and wondered if you'd all like to come over for dinner tonight?" and one involved the fact that I got a really, really nice nap thanks to hubby coming home a bit early from work and taking the kids for me so I could sleep off the lake-trip fatigue in my air-conditioned bedroom before eating a delicious dinner I didn't have to prepare!

One really strange thing is that during my nap I was dreaming hardcore about putting a huge piece of chocolate cake in the microwave to heat it up so I could drizzle caramel all over it. When King Jo shook me awake, I was in such a cake-focused state that I couldn't even remember where I was! Naps are very rare for me! Of course he had to wake me seconds before I ate it....
Then last night I was in a very deep sleep dreaming endlessly about desserts and brownies and how I was fixing up plates of them to serve to company and was enjoying having about 5 different things to choose from and sample.
Is this a sign that my body is craving brownies/cake/ice-cream or what? Oh well, it beats most of the crazy dreams we pregnant women have where they tell you will give birth to hamsters or you find out there are two babies and one comes out as a 3-year old and the other stays in utero for an indefinite amount of time......

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Those are my kind of dreams! When I was pregnant the first time, I dreamed I gave birth to a cake with pink frosting (I guess I was thinking girl?).

R Dvorak said...

Pregnancy dreams are weird. Some are scary, some are funny, some are silly and seem to have no purpose: but mine always seemed more vivid and realistic. The feeling of reality made the scary dreams worse and the funny dream hysterical. Dreaming about desserts? Definately a fun dream ;)

The Three 22nds said...

Would you have any need for 10 shirts and 5 pairs of pants 24months-3T BOY? I went through all my bins and in order to get everything in 1 bin per size, I ended up needing to get rid of some stuff. I chose stuff that wasn't going to be seasonally appropriate for Lincoln, my May baby. I don't know what size Jeremiah is in, and if you have storage space. But if you want them, I will see if I can get them to your in laws to bring you in your new van! All the babies I know right now are girls!

LS said...

Meredith,

That is just too funny!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It