Thursday, July 31, 2008

Waiting....


Some evenings when I lay myself down to sleep I feel like I'm in a freaky "Twilight Zone" where I can hardly take another minute of the discomfort/worry/dread/anticipation of waiting for labor and my baby and all that it will entail to get him here. Other moments I'm amazed that I still feel so good, seem so small, and that time is flying faster than it ever did in my previous two pregnancies. As time continues to roll on and my Dr. appt. approaches tomorrow, I know that even though some of these moments feel like forever and some feel like the blink of an eye, we don't have long to go until we meet our precious little guy. If I can just keep from thinking too much about it and continue praying and staying busy with the daily care of my family, before you know it it will all be over, and the odds are good that I will have lived through it, whether it was a long and torturous natural labor or a scary, first-time C-section. I appreciate all of your encouraging comments and e-mails in recent days. You would all be very proud of me as I came across a website last night with graphic breech birth photos and I didn't look at a single one! Though I've looked at lots of sites with info on breech babies, I have not been obsessing about turning him, just praying, and doing what I can to encourage him. I'm at peace if my doctor recommends a version turning session tomorrow or sometime early next week.


Please keep praying for us and I'll report back to my blog tomorrow after my Dr. appt!


P.S. Thanks to Nicole for recommending a chiro! I went today and even if the adjustment doesn't cause him to turn, it sure felt good to get aligned as my hips, tailbone, and lower back and neck were starting to have a lot of discomfort from the weight and strain of a baby!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One word:

Epideral

Thia said...

I am glad the adjustment felt good. Maybe the relief and the proper alignment will help baby move. I know we don't really know each other, but I am glad to have someone to wait with.

Heather said...

What a lovely picture of Justus' peaceful bassinet! Good for you, for being so hopeful and not focusing on fear. I'm looking forward to hearing your news tomorrow! God bless your lovely family!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It