Monday, July 28, 2008

Making My Home a Haven Monday

I didn't do a before pic but my lids used to just be randomly thrown in with the pots. Thanks to a brand new pot lid rack at a yard sale for 10 cents my pot lids look very nice now! On the right I store wire racks and placemats.
My silverware drawer was starting to look awful with odds and ends strewn about. I took a couple of small boxes out of my gift wrap stash and put sippy valves in one and clothespins (for closing up chip and snack bags) in the other. I weeded out a lot of rarely-used utensils and put them in a less-accessible cupboard, trying to keep this daily-used drawer more simple.

As you know, I've been madly cleaning, organizing, and preparing for the new baby. It feels really good to tackle all these "unfinished projects" and neglected areas of the house. I got most of the cabinets in my kitchen organized (a couple more to go today) and have been taking care of little piles of papers on my desk and dresser and other little odds and ends that get put off continually. I also need to clean out my Bible case as it is getting pretty cluttered with bulletins and sermon notes. Other areas that need worked on our the desk cubbies and under the couch (where I know stray toys are hiding!)

What are you working on in your home today?

6 comments:

The Three 22nds said...

Laundry! And more laundry! Maybe I will clean out my purse/bag too...oh, and make a grocery list...

Lesley said...

Looks great and so neat and tidy! My silverware drawer was turning into a junk drawer as well and driving me CRAZY so I cleaned it out recently.
Doesn't it feel good to be organized as we count down the days until our baby boys arrive?? You're doing a great job! I'm afraid I still have a TON to do with organizing projects but I'll just try to do a little at a time. :) Have a great day!

Our Home to Yours said...

I want one of those pot lid holders! I have never seen one before.. they look amazing! :) I am de-cluttering my home today as well (must be a monday thing.. recovering from the weekend!) Love your after pics!

Anonymous said...

I was just reading your post about Justus being in the breach position and you doing an inversion.
Go to http://www.spinningbabies.com/
there are GREAT ideas and information on fetal positioning.
my sunny side up baby turned after I started doing some of it and I totally avoided back labour!

-Allison (too lazy to get a google name)

Thia said...

Thankfully, I only had to see that doctor the once. It's part of the packadge to see the midwives, you need to see an ob around 36 weeks. Now I can go back to the MW. Thank God!
As for the differences between men and women obs, I really think it's just a difference between people. A male delivered my first and really, he was very gentle and respectful and he even made delivery fun somehow (for the little he was there and after). My second was delivered by a female mw and she was gentle too, but I felt her attitude was a little more "tough it out." Still a good experience, just different.

Heather said...

Your house is going to be much more organized than ours by the time Justus comes! You're doing a great job!

I worked on de-cluttering Kardelen's room, organized a couple bins in the shed, and shopped for groceries. And made Tammy's cinnamon graham squares (it's becoming our favorite recipe).

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It