Friday, July 25, 2008

The Crazy Things a Woman Will Try....

Don't worry; my hubby took this photo at a weird angle so it looks like I'm more upside-down than I really am! This position definitely irritates the baby and makes him really active, which is the intended goal!

Alathia thought it would be cool to try it too. She makes it look so easy!


It is truly, truly uncomfy to lie in this position when all your joints are sore anyway and your back and tailbone hurt and you're laying on a very hard surface and carrying lots of extra pounds. Whereas we normally can't feel baby body parts, when I'm on the board we can feel and see many things and his little round head is always right under my ribs. We've tried moving a flashlight down my belly and it's amazing to see how he truly responds to the light and seems to like it. If only he would follow the light......

Maybe we'll try classical music today...

Handstand-under-water pics to follow soon........(Just KIDDING!)

The only thing we may get out of this crazy exercise is the need to buy a new ironing board...

4 comments:

6intow said...

I remember that discomfort like it was yesterday! Kinda cool that is seems to be stirring up the baby. I pray that yours turns soon.

Nicole said...

I actually tried the handstand underwater. I went to the local pool and it didn't help! I'm telling you, go see the chiropractor!!! :)

Lesley said...

awww, I was hoping to see the handstand under water pics! :) Just kidding. I was wondering if you had tried any of the tips given to you for turning little Justus so I'm glad to see the pics! :) They are a bit hysterical! :)

Praying for baby to turn...take care!

Thia said...

Ug. That will probably be me soon! Baby went from transverse to good position over the last few days due to amount of walking I guess. A couple hours at home and back to transverse!
I found out to be GBS positive on Thursday, so since then, I've had little patience for labor and delivery thoughts. Grrrrr

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It