Monday, July 28, 2008

Little Boys

Playing with twucks all day long!
" Pshoo! Pshoo!" Shooting at Mama with the water pistol, only the pistol is actually pointing right at him!
He loves his dog puppet, which he puts on his arm and then says, "Wuff! Wuff!" Then he tries to make the puppet eat me or eat big sis!

Having both a boy and a girl is very interesting! They are very different just due to personalities but some things are very gender-specific too. Whereas Ali drug her little doll everywhere with her at 21 months and liked to play babies, Jeremiah drags a truck (twuck) or a ball (socca ball or ball-ee) around EVERYWHERE we go and the first thing he says when I come get him up in the morning or from nap is "TWUCK!" as he shows me his trucks for the hundredth time! His eyes lit up with ecstasy when I pulled out a new shirt from the thrift store that has construction machines on it! He said, "Ohhhhhhhh!"

In spite of his fascination with sticks, trucks, and balls (and recently squirt guns thanks to a friend's little boy) he is still my tender-hearted little cuddle bug. When I scold him (which isn't too often) he gets a very hurt, worried look and runs over to hug me. I have no idea where he learned this but he started saying "I wuv you! I wuv you!" when I'm upset with him or while he's sobbing after a light spanking. Sometimes he says, "Kisses?" and other times if I'm not scolding him but just ignoring him because I'm busy he looks at me with big eyes and says, "Mommy?" I know exactly what that look means and I turn to him and say, "I love you Bear-Bear!" and he cheerily replies, "Okay!!!" He just needs some reassurance that I'm happy with him. Though I love my kids equally their personalities bring a different dynamic into the picture. Ali seems to know how to push all my buttons effortlessly, perhaps because we are so much alike in many ways, and Jer seems to know how to diffuse my bad moods instantly, like his daddy does, and make me smile or laugh!

3 comments:

The Three 22nds said...

cute post. that is all boys need: trucks and balls!

Thia said...

My son does the same thing with the water bottle...points it at himself then wonders how he got wet. LOL!
Hope you're feeling well today.

Lesley said...

cute! Fun to see what I have to look forward to with the whole boy thing. I'm praying hard for an easy going laid back little guy!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It