Monday, July 21, 2008

Frugal Thank-You Notes



You may recall one of my goals for Project Preparation was to have a large stash of baby thank-you notes on hand. While I'm not expecting to get many gifts with the third child or to have a shower, I know that our church will be supplying meals and a few people will buy Justus something since they just can't help themselves.


In our town, the supplies for making your own thank-yous are expensive. I could use regular construction paper but then I'd have to find envelopes that fit and stickers or stencils or something to decorate the cards with. I thought about taking some cheap wedding thank-yous I got at the Dollar Store and covering the front with blue paper and this poem to turn them into baby thank-yous. But that involves lots of work, something this tired Mama-to-be isn't interested in right now!


So, when I was browsing the Dollar Store today, a fast and easy idea hit me. I grabbed a package of pretty, baby-ish printer paper (45 sheets for $1) and brought them home and printed this sweet poem on the top of them. I can fill in the middle and bottom of the sheet with my hand-written thank-you and Ali can even help by coloring a picture on it. It's cute, cheap, and easy and I have tons of regular-size envelopes that I can easily stuff them into. Who says thank-you notes have to be little card shapes anyway? If we are surprised with a girl, the thank-yous still work, even if they are mostly blue. If we don't get many baby gifts, these sheets can be used as stationery for letters to friends having babies or can be used for baby shower cards, etc. If nothing else, Ali would love to cut and color on them so they won't be wasted!


This is what I call a frugal fix! Another thing to check off the list!!!

3 comments:

Chris, Tasha, Dawson & Lainey said...

Too funny! You sound like me. I made some Thank you's yesterday that can be used as general, or as baby thank yous with some left over scraps and vellum from our wedding invites 5 1/2 years ago :-) Also cleaned out our cars, put in the car seats, and cleaned out the garage, not to mention putting up pictures on our walls that I have procrastinated doing. There are so many things I am getting done, feels so good. Although...just ready for the baby to come!
Prayers for your delivery, and anxiety as I know what you are feeling! God is good!! He will take care!

Heather said...

What a creative idea! I love it.

Lesley said...

Good idea!

I've been having a bit of panic about labor again lately so I really need to check out that book you told me about. Ahhh!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It