Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Hubby!

Just hangin' around! Did I mention that my hubby loves doing Jr. boys' ministry because...um...he fits in sooo well with them?

25

Today the man I love turns a quarter of a century old! I am so thankful God brought us together, from a thousand miles apart in two different areas of the country. I remember back when my mom was nervous about me getting married so young (at age 21 to 20 year old King Jo) and she didn't really know him very well. She said, "I think he'll be a great husband at age 25, but he's sooooo young!!!" (My parents always said growing up that we had to be 25 to get married; half jokingly, half not!)
Well after 5 years of marriage I can honestly say that she was right! King Jo is a WONDERFUL hubby at 25! But, he's always been a great husband, even though we may have started our life together very young! We have our moments of irritation with each other and we've definitely grown up a lot since our first year of marriage and learned a lot, but it has truly been the best 5 years of my life and I'm so thankful for my guy!
I admire the way he serves our family and works so hard to take care of us. I love the way he takes time for his children and showers them with hugs, kisses, and praise and makes it a priority to teach them about God and pray for them. It's so much fun to have someone to share both the frustrations and the joys of parenting with. He adores tiny babies and it's fun to watch him fall asleep with a new baby on his chest. He never tires of hearing the latest capers of our kids or the cute things they said throughout the day because we're in this thing together and we both love our kids unconditionally. He's the type of guy that will read stories to his unborn baby and talk sweetly to them through my belly. He's the type of guy who likes to just hold me in his arms or lay there just watching me sleep and still says I'm beautiful even when I couldn't look any worse in the morning. He's the type of guy that seems quiet or reserved with most people, but is amazingly goofy, interesting, and wise when he's with the ones he loves. He's great with money and keeping us on a steady budget and yet he's not tight-fisted and always gives me plenty for the things we need. I love that he doesn't watch TV or play video games and isn't a sports addict or doesn't feel the need to buy himself big toys to have worth as a man. I love the fact that God is the most important part of his life and he has rarely, if ever, wavered in having his morning devotions with God and he takes the time to memorize the Word.

I love the way he can "push my buttons" to get me riled up and the way he teases me to keep life interesting! I love that even though the newness of marriage has worn off, he still brings flowers home to surprise me and that he gives me back massages several times a week and babies me when I'm pregnant, even if this does happen to be my third go-around!
There are so many reasons I am thankful to have King Jo in my life! I truly feel that God blessed me with a kingly hubby (thus the title of this blog!) I am a better person because of him and I hope I can honor and bless him throughout a LOOOOOOONG lifetime!

Happy Birthday Honey!

1 comment:

the momma said...

Happy B-day to King Jo!!
Your hubby sounds an awful lot like mine :-) although - he doesn't spoil me when I'm pregnant :-( guess that's just as well, though, as much as I'm pregnant ;-)

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It