Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Who's the Boss?

Who exactly is a stay-at-home mom's boss? I know many of you will immediately jump in with, "Her husband!" Of course God has planned for the husband to be the wife's authority and we are to be our husband's helper. But, I don't think of him as my boss necessarily because he doesn't dictate what I need to do each day and lay it all out for me and check up on me, etc. I think I'm blessed in this area because I definitely wouldn't want to have a hubby like that!

Of course God is my main boss in the sense that I belong to Him and desire to do His will and please Him each day. His Spirit should be our Master and Guide for all things.

Yet, when I think of who bosses me around all day in the traditional sense of bossing, I'd have to say that I, Mrs. Jo, am my own boss, and boy am I ruthless at times! That inner drive to get stuff done, be productive, do important tasks, keep my kids alive and healthy and clean, have others think well of me, etc. sure does push me onward so that every hour of every day is filled to the brim! I do have days, like every mom, where I just want to leave my pjs on for a long time and kind of be lazy and relax a bit. But most days, I have my agenda, whether in my head or on my index cards, and I'm racing to complete my self-appointed tasks throughout the day, only alloting myself certain quick breaks, and going late into the night. I do take time for blogging (obviously), for my friends, reading, and crafts in addition to the endless daily tasks of serving my family. I just wish there were more hours in a day sometimes, but of course God knew what He was doing in only giving us so many minutes in each day and designing us to need rest.

I also have a couple of little people around all day, every day who would like to think they are my bosses. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part to say that they really aren't! One is very vocal about this in words, "Mommy, can you get me a snack NOW! Mommy, where is my shoe? I have to go potty, come wipe me!" and the other doesn't even think words are necessary as long as he yells or cries loud enough, "Waaah (Ali stole my toy, rescue me!) Grrr (I'm hungry and I want food now!) WWWWWWWWWWAHHHHHHHHH!!!! (Get me up out of my crib or else......)."

No comments:

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It