Saturday, October 20, 2007

Too Good To be True!


Thanks to Carrie's blog post on Money Saving Mom about this cracker deal, I walked away from Safeway tonight with 9 boxes of yummy crackers for exactly $2!!! Wowsers! My cashier was stunned, as usual, and wants to get this deal tomorrow! I even paid for one box of crackers twice....


Apparently the crackers, which are on sale for $2 a box, generate a $5 off when you buy 5 boxes. That would still be a GREAT deal at $1 a box. But, they are also part of a Kraft foods promo where you get $4 off of 4. So, when you go up to the register and use your Safeway card, it knocks $9 off your $10 order!


After this deal worked for me, I asked the cashier if I could run back and grab 5 more boxes. One problem: Only 4 more on the shelf. If I had just let her ring up 4, my total would have come to $4! So, I asked if I could pay for one of my first purchase boxes again! Hey, it may have cost me an extra 20 cents to buy it twice, but I saved $17.50 on each transaction! Spent $2, got 9 boxes of yummy crackers (5 of which are Whole Grain) and saved $35. The deal was so good, I'm not even kicking myself (too hard anyway) about forgetting my 55 cents off 2 boxes of Nabisco crackers coupon I left at home! Just think, I could have saved even more!

If they restock their shelves, I'll be back tomorrow with that coupon so I can get 5 boxes for 45 cents, and the next day and the next day...........


This deal will definitely help our church nursery stash of crackers!


1 comment:

Carrie said...

Too funny! I have thought about paying for something "twice" before when they didn't have enough of the right item in order to do a deal, but haven't ever had the courage. Good for you!!!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It