Friday, October 5, 2007

Frugal Friday--Bullseye Prices


I used to think I was frugal, until I started hanging around you "black belt tightwads" (to quote another Frugal Friday poster). Now, my bullseye prices have changed. What are bullseye prices? These are my target prices that I shoot for and when these items go on sale, I try to stock up at these prices or less. Being prepared is the key since you won't always find these bullseye prices, you have to always be ready, checking flyers and using coupons. Look over my bullseye prices and if you have lower ones, leave me some tips on how to get this stuff for less! Keep in mind I don't have any grocery stores that double coupons in my area.
My Bullseye Prices Before reading Biblical Womanhood Tips on Frugality:
Toothpaste: $1
Toliet Paper: $5 for 24 rolls or 12 double
Shampoo:$1-2
Produce: Whatever is on sale
Meat: What's on sale for the week
Medicine: Generic brand
Frozen Pizza (which we don't eat often since I make homemade): $5 for Freschetta/DiGiorno
Make-up: Regular price
Clothes: Clearance/thrift/yard sales/hand-me-downs
Baby stuff (not including diapers): Generic brands at Wal-Mart prices
Flour: $2-3 for a 5 lb. bag
Cereal: $2 a box or less
Gatorade/Propel for hubby's logging days: $1 a bottle
Feminine Products: Cheapest brand
Baby Wipes: $1.25 per package buying Wal-Mart brand in bulk
My Bullseye Prices After Reading Biblical Womanhood Tips on Frugality:
Toothpaste: 25 cents or free with coupons
Toliet Paper: $5 for 36 regular rolls
Shampoo: Free! At most $1 for the name brand stuff!
Produce: Organic bananas in the reduced bin that still look great for almost half the price of regular, non-organic bananas, also whatever is on sale or reduced
Meat: Manager's specials, which are even cheaper than sale meats
Medicine: Name brand for free, or almost-free at Walgreens
Frozen Pizza: $2.50-$3.50 for Freschetta/DiGiorno
Make-Up: On sale with coupons too! So, about 30-40% of normal price
Clothes: Clearance/thrift/yard sales/hand-me-downs
Baby stuff (not including diapers): Free from Walgreens using coupons or rebates
Flour: $1 or less for 5# unbleached flour or wheat flour
Cereal: $1 or less a box for Raisin Brand, Honey Bunches, etc.
Gatorade/Propel: 50 cents or less a bottle
Feminine Products: Nicest brand for the same price I used to pay for cheapest brand
Baby Wipes: Name-brand with coupons for the same or less as cheap brand or clearance wipes for 70 cents a package
These are just a few examples of my bullseye prices that I can think of off the top of my head!
For more great frugal tips from many other women, please check out Crystal's blog at http://www.biblicalwomanhood.com/ today!

3 comments:

Kacie said...

Right on! I find that if I surround myself with frugal-minded people, it's much easier for me to be frugal.

On the other hand, if I surrounded myself with people who have poor spending habits and try to "keep up with the Joneses," then I'll have poorer spending habits as well.

Jes said...

Isn't it funny how our thoughts are so easily changed by who we are around?! I had no clue you could even get toothpaste for $1 before my friend introduced me to CVS and ECBs!!! Now I make money on things like shampoo and toothpaste. Like you I used to think I was doing good if I got the generic brand of something or used a 50cent coupon. Now I get mad if I spend money! LOL.

Lyndi said...

i have to laugh at jes' comment b/c my coworkers and i just recently started all this "couponing" madness:) and now we never want to spend money on anything b/c we think, "man i just took time to cut that $.30 coupon and now i'm going to spend a $1 on that?! no way! :) so our poor husbands are not sure if they are happy about our changes or are afraid of what we have become:)

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It