Monday, October 22, 2007

Power Shopping

This week Walgreens had some great deals! They had a bunch of items on register reward deals and all of these items had coupons for them, either in this week's paper or a previous one.
Here's what I got:
Pepcid AC Advanced
Buckley's Cough Medicine
Keri Milk Body Lotion
5 packages baby food
3 boxes of 100 ct. Excedrin
3 boxes of 24 ct. Excedrin
Colgate Total Advanced Toothpaste
Crest Toothpaste
Crest Whitening Cinnamon Toothpaste
5 boxes gelatin
1 Adidas deodorant
2 boxes of Theraflu Cold medicine
3# of Epsom salts
1 package of To-go Beano
Band-aids
Saltwater Nasal spray

Here's what I did:
I took the Excedrin and 2 baby foods through the line. I used 3, $3 off coupons on the Excedrin and my total came to $11.90 with tax. I paid this on a gift card I got from my Sep. rebates. My register rewards on this order? $12 plus a coupon for 3 baby foods. So, I made 10 cents on that order. Next order, I put all my free after rebate stuff up with all the coupons and the total came to $28 something. I paid with my $12 in register rewards and some more on my gift cards. Third order I put the Theraflus, 3 baby foods, and Keri Lotion up with coupons for all of it, and the total came to $15.50, but generated another $12 in register rewards.
So, for those of you who are confused:
I spent (with cash or gift cards): $45
Rebates I'll get on this stuff: $28.50
Register Rewards (which is like cash): $12
Total spent: $4.50
Items: 27
Wal-Mart cost of these items at cheapest possible prices: $60
At Walgreens, this is $108 worth of merchandise
Added bonuses: The Crest and the 3 Excedrins were bonus packs with freebies attached so I not only got the big ones free, but got 3 smaller Excedrins and a smaller tube of Crest free too.

What did I pay for? I figured out that I paid for the 50 cent Band-aids, the Epsom salts on sale for $1.50, 1 package of baby food for $1, and the 5 packages of Royal Gelatin for $1. All other products were COMPLETELY free. I could yard sale some of the stuff and make money on it, but I think I will donate some to my grandparents who are on a fixed income and could really use the medicines.


I was headed to my mom's house this weekend when I noticed a yard sale, yes even on a freezing cold fall day! The yard sale happened to be at the most zealous yard saler-in-town's house (I know since I see her at EVERY sale all summer long and she holds 4 or 5 per summer herself!) She's known for having great stuff so I had to stop. Several of my kid's clothes are from her sales, and some of them were brand-new with tags still on them! I snagged an adorable, new pair of pink sneakers for Ali which should fit next spring and summer ($1) and this new-in-the-box scooter doll that really rides the scooter around when you put batteries in it. $3! This will be Ali's birthday present for her 3rd birthday in Feb. Anyone who knows Ali well knows she's obsessed with scooters and rides the little neighbor girl's scooters constantly. I've gotten all of Ali's B-day and Christmas gifts (and most of Jer's too) thanks to clearances and yard sale deals!



Update: Since our local Safeway NEVER restocks, I swung by the Safeway 30 miles away when I was in that town shopping Walgreens today. They had lots of crackers left so I grabbed another 10 boxes, remembered to use my coupon this time, and paid $1.45! I think we're set for a year now!

No comments:

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It