Thursday, October 18, 2007

Praises

I keep forgetting to blog about two awesome things that God did for us. Remember my sob story about walking around town for 6 hours waiting for the guys to fix our windshield? Well, it seemed like it was going to cost us around $1,800 from the bids we were getting from lots of shops. In fact, no one really seemed to agree on how to fix a rusted pinch wield (the thingy that holds the windshield in place on top.) Some even suggested tearing the whole car apart and putting a new roof on from a car in a junkyard. We were pretty nervous about having to clear out a lot of savings just to get our nicest car back to being drive-able. Thank the Lord for a great friend in MN, Rick Steele, who owns a body shop and gave us sound advice!!! After a couple of quick calls to him during this process, Josiah prayed and waited, in spite of pressure by body shop guys who said, "We have to do it TODAY!" He finally found a guy who suggested the same thing as Rick Steele for the wonderful price of $341! Whew! As I type, our car is completely fixed and looking lovely out in the parkinglot. What a blessing! Don't you all hate car problems and repairs?

Another blessing: I've had a lot of problems with my neck in the last couple of years. It may be related to a minor fender bender or lifting kids constantly, etc. Anyhow, as most of you can relate, neck pain totally stinks and needing to see chiropractors, who are expensive, isn't fun for a tight budget. I've been so sick of getting adjusted only to need to go back within a few days or a week because of horrible pain. A couple of weeks ago at Bible Study I felt like God was telling me to share my need with the ladies. I usually hide it from others and don't bring it up because I don't want anyone's pity. However, the nudge was so strong, I shared it and the ladies prayed for me. (It's a study at my mom's where all the ladies are older than I am, but super sweet and encouraging.) The next day my neck felt great and the next...and the next... and a couple of weeks later I am AMAZED that I haven't needed to go in yet! I'm not sure when or if I'll deal with neck trouble again, but for now, I'm so thankful God gave me a nice break from it for a short time when I shared my need with others in prayer.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Praise God. Thanks for sharing, Lindsey!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It