Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I Hope She Says No

My husband values and understands the role of a stay-at-home mom, and for this I am so glad. When I mentioned to him that a certain board in our church is targeting another mom for ministry roles, he said, "I hope she says no!" Why would he hope that someone declines a chance to serve God in their local church? Because this lovely and sweet lady has 4 children 7 and under and is already serving a little bit in spots like nursery and children's church. She has also expressed to me that her gifts and passions lie more in adult/counseling ministry. My husband recognizes that your family is your first ministry, and that sometimes the most godly thing you can do when someone asks you to teach Sunday School is say, "no."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is wonderful! It's quick, but to the point. I am SO glad I found you at Biblical Womanhood!
God's blessings to you!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It