Saturday, October 20, 2007

Getting Dishes Done


How on earth do you get dishes done with small kids around? If I focus on the dishes, Ali is off getting into stuff elsewhere. If I focus on her and am always checking up on her, it's impossible to get a full load done with all the interruptions. I don't want to spend naptime doing dishes either since it's my one break during the day to have a seat and rest/read, etc.


I've found the solution! I put the little dish basin on a chair next to the sink where I'm working and now Ali can play around in some bubbles and "help" Mama wash. At this age, she LOVES washing dishes! I just make sure to give her the plastic ones and have a towel handy at the end to clean up drips and spills.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Madison loves to help wash dishes too, but I usually find myself doing them during naptime or after bedtime. I do let her help on ocassion, but I just may have to go out and buy her her own little wash bin. That's a great idea.

By the way, I had my first Walgreens shopping trip today. My head is still spinning! Hopefully I'll catch on quickly because right now I'm think "wow, this is a lot of organizational work!" :-)

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It