Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Surprise Package---Happy Mail Day!!!!!!!!

I find it incredibly ironic that the week I do the poll question about what we would prefer to be blessed with and the poll results say that the majority of folks would like a surprise package, I received a surprise package from a blogging friend, themomma! We were outdoors Monday night after supper and we saw it sitting on the doorstep, something I had overlooked when I checked the mail that afternoon. I have to wonder about the line "our little family." If themomma's family is little, then my family is miniscule! She is the happy homeschooling-on-the-farm momma of 8 blessings, one who's married and expecting, and lives on the other side of the USA. She found my blog through a Frugal Friday post long ago and learned to make ribbon socks and leather shoes.

Lots of green tulle. The kids are quite curious.



Five fancy little packages all wrapped prettily. How did she know I love polkadots?


Ali opens a little dress. It just so happens that a few hours before we got the package, I visited her blog and saw her little girl Lily wearing a dress exactly like this and thought it was so cute!




It's a reversible sundress and the seams are perfect! She's obviously been sewing for a couple of decades! I am anxious to figure out how to make these but having never worked with elastic binding, I'm unsure. I'm hoping themomma will share her secrets with us!





Three sets of lovely earrings for me! How did she know I love dangly earrings like this? I wonder if she made them....





You know you've been reading this blog too much if you see my hubby downtown and say, "Hi King Jo!" It really was cute to see this on the package!

At first he thought it was just an ice-cream tub full of paper shavings. Then he discovered a $5 bill in it!






Someone never stops moving for a pic!




Up the nostrils! Pure joy on this girl's face!



Her hair is always a'flyin'





I wish I could find fabric this cute in our town!



Jeremiah is beyond thrilled to see a couple of new racecars in his package. I don't think he's let them go in the 24 hours since he opened them!









Justus got some little cars too! He loved chewing on them when his brother and sister weren't trying to take them away!









What is this funny green stuff Mom?

Ali wanted to sleep in her sundress. She also proudly wore it to preschool and wanted to tell her teacher about it. Miss Jenny said I'd probably have six sundresses like this made by the end of the night! First I have to figure out how to make them. I've also concluded that you just can't get cute fabric in this town!


It was fun to tell the kids that Miss Tracy who sent the package has two boys named Jeremiah and Josiah. They looked at pics of her family on her blog. She has a sweet new baby, Lexi Faith, who is exactly 3 months old as I'm writing this post and as cute as a button!
I love her post showing all the bright cloth diapers she made hanging out to dry on the clothesline.

You haven't seen beautiful baby girls dresses until you've witnessed the circle skirt dresses Tracy made for Lily and Lexi for Easter this year. Where does she find the time?


Six of her children (even the two little guys) have blogs, as well as her husband and it's clear to see that they are a loving family of faith! I love this post her husband wrote about her, as well as this post he wrote to her to thank her on Mother's Day.


I have been blessed by her wise and positive comments here even when I write really dumb stuff that I later regret. She is like a mentor from afar! Lots of poignant wisdom comes out in her brief posts as she has lots of experience in life. I am glad we met through the blogworld and I want to give a big shout out of "Thank You" to themomma and her wonderful family!!! Thank you Tyler, Tracy, TJ, Tony, Lana, Brandon, Jeremiah, Josiah, Lily and Lexi!


5 comments:

the momma said...

Oh, Lindsey ~ you are too sweet! We had SO MUCH FUN putting this package together!

First, it was just the earrings (no, I didn't make these, my very talented sister did)

Then, when I designed the dress, I thought, "Ali needs one, too!" Oh, this is fun :-)

Of course, if Ali got something, the boys needed a little gift also :-) my big boys picked out the cars for Jer (I have no idea what causes a boy to choose one car & reject another. I've tried to get them to explain it to me, but I just don't get it.)

Well, golly, you can't just leave out King Jo. He loves icecream, so we thought that'd be perfect. I foolishly told my boys, "I need a little pint icecream container ~ buy any kind you guys want to eat." I was expecting a plain ol' rocky road or something... :-)

I'll try to put together a tute for the dress ~ it'll be over a week till I can get to it, though. 4 birthdays in the next 11 days....

Speaking of b-days - TJ's is today ~ 22 on the 22nd, so it's a special one & I best get busy

p.s. Yeah - I thought that was pretty funny about the poll, too

the momma said...

oh ~ and I LOVE all the pictures!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, I never knew momma did that! It's like her, though :)

You know, Momma, (if you read this) if Luke and I have a girl she's gonna need a sundress in every color existing, at least when she learns to walk :)
(I just think the reversible dress is such a cool idea - I love that there's no wrong way to put it on! It's perfect for a toddler!)

Thanks for posting all the pics, Mrs. Jo :) This was a fun post to read.
You have a precious family, your kids are lovely and they have the most beautiful smiles (excepting, of course, the smiles of my husband and my own siblings, lol)

Love from my microscopic family to your miniscule family (haha),
Lana Marie H., proud daughter of the momma :)

Heather said...

What a blessing! I LOVE the reversible dress and would love to make one!!

And I like King Jo's gift. Many times it's hard to find a guy gift!

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful idea! We so often get caught up in the things our own selves need to get done around the house, OR the things for others that we are obliged to do. But what about doing something for someone who isn't expecting it? GREAT fun!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It