Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sew Crazy #2!

This skirt was $2.99 at K-Mart. However, they didn't have my size, just a size or two larger than mine. I loved the skirt, needed a new skirt, and knew I couldn't get the fabric to make one for that price! So, I got it and carefully removed about 4 inches from the waist elastic. It now fits perfectly and I love wearing it because it's so cheery and feminine!
Someone donated some adults clothing for our clothing swap. This pretty skirt caught my eye but was about 3 sizes too big for me in the waist. Again, I just cut out about 6-8 inches of the elastic and perfecto!


I found this racecar fabric on clearance for $1 a yard in Billings. I knew it would make some cute pillowcases for Jerby. He's just getting to the stage of using a small pillow at night like sister. One yard made two cute pillowcases.

Jer lost his security blanket a few months ago and I made him a new little one out of fleece. However, he lost that one a couple of times (we found it though) and he often gets it dirty or wets on it at night. When it's in the wash it's really hard for him. So, when I saw this extra-fuzzy fleece on clearance, I got enough to make TWO blankets! Each blanket is 1/4 yard of blue fleece sewed to 1/4 yard of duckie fleece. One will go into the linen closet and will be pulled out when the other one is in the wash, or is missing. The thing I love about this is that now he actually has a "duckie" blanket. Ali has a duck security blanket which she has had for 4 years. Jer's two security blankets he has had thus far have not had ducks on them at all or been yellow but he has always called them "duckie blankies" mimicking Ali, which totally confuses everyone. Now the name fits with the blanket!









1 comment:

Heather said...

Sweet! I love the duckie blanket. What a great idea to make two of them.

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It