Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Kitchen Tip Tuesday--Best Dishes!


My tip for the week is:
If you don't have a dishwasher CORELLE is for you!!! I recently snagged some Corelle at Wal-Mart for less than half off! I had been wanting some for a couple of years and was thrilled! Sure enough, after a couple weeks of using them, I have found them to be everything I'd dreamed of and more!
My observations of them:
*They wipe clean easier than other dishes, even without soaking
*Dirty dish pile looks smaller because they are so thin and lightweight
*Can fit about 3x more dishes in my dish drainer, meaning less drying with a towel!
*Take up less than half the space my other dishes took up in the cupboard, making a small kitchen more functional
*More sturdy for young families with small children or clutsy adults
*Easier for the kids to set the table
*I trust the kids with them because the small plates and bowls are easier to handle and they are break-resistant
*I am excited that when we have large crowds over, everyone will have a nice, matching plate
*The bowls all come with snap-on lids to store kid leftovers and small amounts quickly, efficiently, saving me plastic wrap and helping the environment (there's my green plug!)
*They make our table look more polished and neat (this is my opinion of course)
*Because they are so easy to clean I am more likely to do dishes in the snatches of time I have throughout the day and stay on top of the dishes better
*They air-dry much faster than my old dishes, meaning that after I've filled the strainer, they're practically dry so I can put them away quickly and fill the strainer again with pots and silverware
*I'm less likely to use paper plates now that I have Corelle. It seems so fast to wash them that I am excited to use a Corelle plate and don't even worry about buying paper plates anymore! I don't groan when my husband pulls out a plate for a light snack and don't hesitate to use plates when I'm cooking.
I could go on and on but I'll stop now and let you all decide for yourselves!!!
For more Kitchen Tips visit Tammy's Recipes today!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I LOVE mine too. I have dropped many a plate or bowl with 5 kids and have never broken one yet. They take up less space in my cabinet and are so easy to clean.

Thia said...

I have the exact set in the picture. Well, it's only a set for four. We use stoneware most of the time b/c it's what my husband prefers. I used to like the correlle best, but now I am in the undecided camp. I am so glad you have something you enjoy using!

Heather said...

My parents and grandparents always had Corelle when I was growing up, but I didn't realize they were so amazing!

It would be wonderful to have lids for the bowls! We have plastic set with lids and I love just stashing them away in the fridge without having to use storage containers.

We had two broken jars this weekend in our kitchen/dining room. I'd sure be happy to never have to clean up broken glass/ceramic again!

Lesley said...

Those are some great dishes you have there and they're pretty too!!

Unknown said...

If you DO have a dishwasher, corelle is for you, too!
But get something you like, because it will NEVER break!
That might not be strictly true, but at least it won't break upon being dropped.
My husband and I are both clumsy, but we haven't broken any plates yet. We have a white plates and bowls with black squares along the edges, so they go with any color tablecloth or napkins, I love them!!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It